BrianAugust 13th, 2020–August 18th, 2020
Loved these essays, mixtures of personal anecdotes and writing advice. Some gems:
- Write 1000-2000 words every day. Quantity precedes quality.
- Write with zest.
- Write about what you love or hate. Find a character and follow as fast as you can.
- Editing will be work, so enjoy the first draft.
- Make a list of evocative nouns for story prompts.
- Feed your muse with everything. Poetry that makes your arm hair stand up. Essays about everything from every time. Writing about the senses.
- Read authors who think like you and write the way you want to; read authors that don't.
- You learn from bad as well as good. Good quality can be mysterious; it's easy to pinpoint what not to do from bad.
- "The artist learns what to leave out."
- Don't plot ahead. Let your characters do.