Yield: 12 slices
- 1 chocolate cake mix prepared as directed on box
- 7 oz. (half can) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 stick butter
- 14 oz. caramels
- 6 oz. (or less) pecans, chopped
- 6 oz. chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees; grease and flour 9x13" pan.
- Bake half of prepared cake mix in pan for 15 minutes (it won't seem like much, but it will rise).
- Meanwhile, melt milk, butter and caramels in microwave, stirring every 1-2 minutes (4-5 minutes should be plenty). Spread on top of baked cake and pour remaining cake mix on top. Sprinkle nuts and chocolate chips on top.
- Return to oven and bake about 25 more minutes.