Souper Easy Quiche
Yield: Feeds 4
- 1 c. flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/3 c. shortening
- 2-3 Tbsp. cold waterQuiche Ingredients:
- 4 eggs
- 1 can condensed SOUP: cream of mushroom
- 1/2 c. cream
- 1 c. shredded CHEESE: sharp Cheddar
- MEAT: 1/2 c. diced cooked chicken
- 1/2 c. VEGETABLE: broccoli, chopped/cooked/drained
- To make piecrust, stir flour and salt. Using two forks, cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add water one Tbsp. at a time, mixing until pastry holds. Pat dough into sides and bottom of 9" pie plate.
- To make quiche, beat eggs until foamy. Add SOUP and cream, mixing well. Sprinkle CHEESE, MEAT and VEGETABLE evenly over piecrust. Pour soup mixture over all and sprinkle with nutmeg. Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes or until center is set. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.