Skillet Seafood Bisque
Yield: Feeds 2 people
- 1/4 c. butter
- 1/2 c. sliced mushrooms
- VEGETABLE: 1/4 c. chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp. flour
- 1 can condensed chicken broth
- SEAFOOD: 1 lb. medium shrimp, shelled
- LIQUID: 1 c. milk
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- GARNISH: grated Parmesan cheese
- Melt butter in 10" skillet and add mushrooms, VEGETABLE and garlic; cook until tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually stir in chicken broth; heat to boiling, stirring constantly.
- Add SEAFOOD and reduce heat to low. Cover; simmer about 5 minutes or until seafood is done. Stir in LIQUID and parsley and heat through. Ladle into bowls and top with GARNISH.