Roast Tomato and Black Bean Soup
Yield: Serves 7
- 7 medium tomatoes, quartered
- 1 large onion, cut into large pieces (about 1 1/2")
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 2 c. chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 (15.5 oz.) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1-1 1/2 tsp. cumin
- paprika and cayenne pepper to taste
- cooked bacon and mushrooms (optional)
- 8 oz. sour cream
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. In large bowl, toss tomatoes, onion and garlic with oil, salt and pepper. Transfer to baking sheet and roast 35-40 minutes, stirring once after first 20 minutes. Garlic should be softened, onion edges browned and tomatoes collapsed.
- Transfer roasted vegetables to large pan. Add all remaining ingredients except sour cream. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes. Remove from heat and blend until chunky with immersion blender. Divide among bowls and serve with dollops of sour cream.