Pumpkin Nut Bread
Yield: 1 loaf
- 2 c. flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. each salt and ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. each baking soda and ground cloves
- 1 c. packed brown sugar
- 1/3 c. shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1 c. canned pumpkin (note: 15oz. can=2 cups=2 loaves of pumpkin bread)
- 1/4 c. milk
- 1/2 c. coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 c. raisins
- Grease 9x5x3" loaf pan and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In small bowl stir flour-cloves; set aside.
- In large, separate bowl beat brown sugar and shortening until well combined; beat in eggs. Add pumpkin and milk, mixing well.
- Add flour mixture to sugar/pumpkin mixture, mixing again. Stir in chopped nuts and raisins and pour batter into loaf pan.
- Bake for 55-60 min. or until inserted toothpick comes clean. Cool in pan 10 min., then remove and cool completely on wire rack. Wrap and store overnight before slicing.