Oreo Ice Cream Cake
Yield: 8-10 slices
- 2 packages Oreo cookies, filling removed
- 6 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 6 oz. semi-sweet chocolate
- 5 Tbsp. cream
- 2 c. waffle cone pieces
- 8 c. your favorite ice cream
- chopped strawberries (garnish)
- Place cookies in food processor and process until finely ground (like breadcrumbs). Scoop out three cups of crumbs; to this add melted butter and stir. Press into bottom and sides of 9" springform pan. Place in freezer while working on next step.
- Meanwhile, melt chocolate and cream in saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring often. Spread waffle cone pieces on baking sheet and splatter with chocolate. Place in freezer and remove Oreo crust. Spread 4 cups ice cream on bottom, then top with 2 cups Oreo crumbs, tamping down if necessary.. Spread remaining ice cream on top. Remove cone pieces from freezer and press on top of cake. Cover and return to freezer. Right before serving, garnish with chopped strawberries.