No Peek Chicken
Yield: Serves 6
- 7-8 bacon strips
- 1 1/2 - 3 cups uncooked rice
- Chicken legs and thigs to cover a 9x13" pan
- Garlic salt, oregano, and parsley to taste
- 1-2 cans cream of chicken, mushroom or celery soup
- 1-2 soup cans of water
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees (or 325, depending on your oven).
- Cover bottom of casserole with bacon. Evenly spread rice over it and place chicken on top. Sprinkle chicken with spices; be generous. Mix soup and water together and pour over chicken.
- Cover with foil, sealing around sides. Bake 2 1/2 - 3 hours. Do not peek--leave sealed until ready to serve.