Mom Koser's Refrigerator Rolls
- 2 pkgs. (or 4 1/2 tsp.) yeast
- 2 c. water
- 1 c. butter
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1 heaping tsp. salt
- 2 eggs
- 6 c. flour
- Dissolve yeast in 1 c. warm water; set aside until foamy.
- Pour 1 c. boiling hot water over butter, sugar and salt. When cooled, mix together; add yeast mixture and eggs. Add flour 1 cup at a time, mixing by fork as long as possible (hand mixing may be necessary as the dough gets thicker).
- Put into greased mixing bowl; spread a thin coat of oil on dough and cover bowl loosely with damp cloth. Place in fridge for at least 3 hours before using.
- Remove part of dough. On floured surface, roll out and cut into 3" circles. Place in baking dish, cookie sheet or greased muffin tins and brush with warm melted butter. Let rise about 3 hours.
- Bake 8-10 minutes at 400 degrees.