Mom Koser's Hungarian Ghoulash
- 2 lbs. beef, round steak
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, savory
- 2 Tbsp. paprika
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 1/4 c. flour and enough milk to make one 1 cup
- German dumplings
If using regular pot to cook this you may need to replace some of the water if too much boils away.
- Cut round steak into bite-size pieces. Brown onions in 1 Tbsp. butter until golden; add garlic just before onions are done and set aside.
- Brown the steak in the same pan, sprinkling generously with all seasonings except paprika. When nicely browned add paprika, then brown a little longer. Add onions, garlic and water to cover meat by about 1/2 inch. If using pressure cooker, close and bring to full pressure for 10 min.; cool to bring down pressure.
- Open the pot; bring broth back to a boil and stir in flour and milk. Serve with Mom Koser's German dumplings.