Mom Koser's Crockpot Beef
- 3 1/2 lbs. beef (chuck roast okay)
- sea salt, fresh ground black pepper, garlic powder, paprika, savory
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1/4-1/2 c. water
- 1/4-1/2 c. soy sauce
- Generous 1/4 c. flour
- remainder of cup of milk (add to measuring cup containing flour)
I serve this over rice with steamed cauliflower, broccoli and carrots (or the veggies you desire). If desired, broth can be drained off cooked meat to use for soup or another dish; add BBQ sauce to the beef for BBQ sandwiches.
- Liberally sprinkle spices on both sides of beef. Brown meat in butter, then place in crockpot. Add water and soy sauce (you may need to add more liquid later if it all boils away). If making the night before, set crockpot to Low and allow to cook all day. If making same day, set on High (cooks approx. 5 hours on this setting).
- Whisk flour and milk together until completely mixed, with no lumps. Add to crockpot about 1 1/2 hours before eating; stir contents of crockpot.