Mom Koser's Chicken Pot Pie
Yield: 8 servings
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 1/3 c. milk
- 6 c. flour (1/3 c. Parmesan may be substituted for 1/3 c. flour, if stronger flavor is desired)Broth Ingredients:
- 2-3 lbs. cooked chicken (thighs have the most meat and the best flavor)
- 8 c. water
- salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika, Italian seasoning, 2-3 Tbsp. chicken base
- 4-5 potatoes
- Cook chicken in uncovered boiling water with seasonings for 45 minutes.
- Beat eggs. Add milk and salt, then flour (dough will be stiff). Roll 1/3 of it into a thin sheet. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup flour; cut into squares.
- Quarter potatoes and drop into boiling chicken broth.
- Pick up dough squares, trying to keep as much flour on as possible. Drop into boiling chicken broth; stir. Add remaining 2/3 dough in same way.
- Cover kettle and cook about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally or until done. Pieces will swell and broth will thicken.