Mom Binzel's Turkey Stuffing
Yield: Serves 6
- 1-1 1/2 loaves bread, cut in cubes
- 1 c. diced celery
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1 stick butter
- 1 tsp. salt, or to taste
- 1/2 tsp. poultry seasoning, or to taste
- cooked turkey heart and liver
- Cube bread and let sit at room temperature half a day. Cook celery and part of onion in about 1 c. water for about ten minutes. Add remaining onion to bread. Sprinkle bread with seasonings; cut up turkey heart/liver and add to bread. Mix.
- Add butter to cooking celery and onions. When butter is melted and veggies are cooked, remove from heat and slowly pour over bread mixture while tossing, mixing thoroughly.
- Place in 9x13" pan and cover with foil. Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes.