Mom Binzel's Lasagna
Yield: Serves at least 8
- 1 lb. lasagna noodles (wide and flat)
- 1 lb. ground beef
- chopped onion (however much you want)
- 1 jar (approx. 28 oz.) spaghetti sauce with mushrooms
- 1 can (6 oz.) tomato paste
- 2 eggs
- 2 c. cottage cheese
- 1/2 c. Parmesan cheese
- 1 lb. cheese (mozzarella or cheddar)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions; drain.
- Cook ground beef and onion; drain grease. Add spaghetti sauce and tomato paste, stirring well; simmer 5-10 minutes.
- In medium bowl beat eggs; add cottage cheese and Parmesan and mix well.
- Grease 9x13" dish; place a layer of noodles on the bottom. Spoon about 1/3 cottage cheese mixture on the noodles, spreading evenly. Add 1/4 meat mixture, then 1/4 cheese. Repeat layers until ingredients are used up.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes. Let stand about 10 minutes.