Yield: 12 muffins
- 12 oz. ground beef
- 1 small onion, very finely chopped
- 5 oz. canned corn kernels, drained
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 1/4 c. flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- generous 1 c. milk
- 1/2 c. sunflower oil (or butter)
- 1 c. grated cheddar cheese
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Generously grease a 12-cup muffin pan with butter. Mix beef, onion, corn, parsley, salt and pepper in a bowl until thoroughly combined.
- Sift flour, baking powder and pinch of salt in separate bowl and make a well in the center.
- Lightly beat eggs with milk and oil in a third bowl, then pour into well and gradually incorporate dry ingredients until thoroughly combined (for fluffier muffins, stir until just combined).
- Spoon a little of the batter into each cup so that each is a quarter full. Divide beef mixture between all and sprinkle with half the cheese. Top with remaining batter and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake for 20 minutes, until golden and muffins spring back when lightly pressed. Serve hot.