Yield: 12 squares
- 1 c. flour
- 1/2 c. butter, softened
- 1/4 c. powdered sugar, plus additional for sprinkling
- 1 c. granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. grated lemon peel, if desired
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 eggs
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In small bowl, mix flour, butter and powdered sugar. Press in ungreased 8" pan, building up 1/2" edge; bake 20 minutes.
- In small bowl, beat remaining ingredients with electric mixer on high speed about 3 minutes, or until light and fluffy. Pour over hot crust.
- Bake 25-30 minutes longer or until almost no indentation remains when touched lightly in center. Cool completely, about 1 hour. Sprinkle with additional powdered sugar.