Heavenly Chocolate Cookies
Yield: About 17 large cookies
- 3/4 c. butter, softened ( 1 1/2 sticks)
- 3/4 c. packed brown sugar
- 1/4 c. white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 packet instant chocolate pudding mix (not sugar free and not "cook and serve")
- 1/4 c. cocoa powder
- 2 c. flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 5 oz. dark chocolate, chopped (I used 65%)
- In large bowl beat butter, sugars, eggs and vanilla with electric mixer until creamed and well combined. Scrape down sides and beat in pudding mix and cocoa. Scrape sides again and stir in flour, baking soda, and salt. Finally, stir in semi-sweet and dark chocolate. Using hands or 1/4-cup measure, form dough into approximately 17 large mounds. Cover cookie sheets with parchment or waxed paper and place cookies on top, about 1" apart. Cover and refrigerate cookies at least 2 hours, up to 5 days.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees and bake 10-15 minutes, or until edges have set and tops are just set, even if undercooked and slightly glossy in the center. Do not overbake (easy to do with dark cookies). Let cool on baking sheet about 10 minutes; wire rack is not needed. Serve warm, or reheat (later) in microwave for 10 seconds.