Decadent Chocolate Dessert Muffins
Yield: 12 muffins
- heaping 1 1/2 c. flour
- 1/2 c. cocoa
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- heaping 1/2 c. firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 c. light cream
- 6 Tbsp. melted, cooled butter
- 3 oz. semisweet chocolate, broken into 12 squaresSauce Ingredients:
- 7 oz. semisweet chocolate
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1/4 c. light cream
- Heat oven to 400 degrees and grease 12 muffin cups. Sift together flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt into a large bowl; stir in brown sugar. In separate bowl beat eggs; beat in cream and butter. Pour liquid ingredients into dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Pour half the batter into the muffin pan. Place a piece of chocolate in the center of each and top with remainder of batter. Bake about 20 minutes until well risen and firm to the touch.
- Meanwhile, melt chocolate and butter in heatproof bowl set over gently simmering water. Stir until blended, then stir in cream. Remove from heat and stir until smooth. Let muffins cool in pan 5 minutes, then remove from pan and place on serving plates. Serve warm with chocolate sauce poured over the top.