Yield: Serves 6
- 1 3/4 lbs. carrots, peeled and chopped
- *1 c. white sugar (use less if desired)
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- dash or two of nutmeg
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 c. butter, softened
- Cook carrots in boiling water until very tender, about 20 minutes. Drain and transfer to large mixing bowl. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- While carrots are warm, use an electric mixer to beat smooth; add sugar, baking powder, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg. Taste to be sure desired flavor has been reached, then mix in flour, eggs and butter. Transfer to a 2-quart baking dish.
- Bake 1 hour or until top is golden brown.