Caramel Chocolate Cake-Flan
Yield: 8 large slices
- 1/2 c. Smucker's caramel topping
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 4 large eggs
- 14 oz. sweetened condensed milk
- 12 oz. evaporated milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 box devils' food cake mix
- ingredients for mix
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 12-cup fluted tube pan and place a piece of rolled-up foil in tube of pan (prevents cake from baking over top). Pour caramel into bottom of pan.
- In blender, mix together cream cheese, eggs, milks and vanilla. In bowl, prepare cake mix according to package directions. Pour cake mix over caramel, then top with flan mix.
- Grease a piece of foil, then cover pan with coated side down. Place tube pan in large roasting pan, then add hot water to depth of 2". Bake 1 1/2 hours, or until toothpick in center still has a few moist crumbs. Place tube pan on cooling rack; cool 15 minutes. Remove foil. Place large plate on top of pan, top with cooling rack and invert; let cool 1 hour at room temperature. Cover and chill 4 hours, or overnight.