Yield: Serves 6
- 1 loaf French or Italian bread, cubed
- 1 1/2 c. frozen blueberries
- 8 oz. cream cheese, thinly sliced
- 12 eggs
- 1/3 c. maple syrup
- 2 c. milkSyrup Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 c. sugar
- 3 1/2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 1/2 c. water
- generous 1 1/2 c. frozen blueberries
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. butter
- Grease a 9x13" dish. Place half of bread in dish; top with blueberries, cream cheese and remaining bread. Beat together eggs, syrup and milk, then pour over bread mix. Cover with foil and chill overnight.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Bake covered for 30 minutes; uncover and bake 30 minutes more. Meanwhile, combine sugar, cornstarch and water in saucepan. Heat to boiling and cook 5 minutes. Add blueberries and cook 10 minutes more. Remove from heat and stir in butter. Serve warm over slices of strata.