Black Cherry Ice Cream
Yield: 8-10 scoops
- 1/4 c. cherry syrup, or cherry juice concentrate
- 1/2 c. whole milk
- 1 c. vanilla yogurt, or 6 oz.
- 1 c. heavy cream
- 1/2 c. sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 c. frozen dark cherries
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- 2 bars dark chocolate, chopped into small chunks
- Place all ingredients except chocolate in blender and puree until only small bits of cherry remain. Pour into ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer's directions, adding chocolate during last 5 minutes of churning.