Bell Pepper and Shrimp Soup
Yield: Serves 4
- 4 red bell peppers (or canned equivalent)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cans chicken broth
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- salt, pepper, and poultry seasoning to taste
- 1-1 1/2 lbs. uncooked medium shrimp
- 1/2 c. heavy cream
- Cut peppers in half and seed; place on baking sheet and broil until blackened in areas. Move to a paper bag and close tightly, allowing to cool for 20 minutes. Peel skin off peppers and chop.
- Saute onion, garlic and peppers in oil until translucent. Add broth, tomatoes and seasonings and cook on medium heat 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Using immersion blender, process soup until blended but moderately chunky. Add shrimp and cook another 10 minutes, or until shrimp is pink and opaque. Stir in cream and serve.