Yield: 1 loaf
- 2/3 c. sugar
- 1/3 c. shortening
- 2 eggs
- 3 Tbsp. sour milk* (or buttermilk)
- 1 c. mashed bananas (about 3 bananas)
- 2 c. sifted flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 c. chopped nuts
- Grease a 9x5x3" loaf pan and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together first three ingredients in a large bowl. Add bananas and sour milk. Add remaining ingredients.
- Pour into loaf pan and let stand 20 min. before baking. Bake for 50-60 minutes.
- Let stand in pan 2-5 minutes, then invert loaf onto cooling rack. Serve warm or cold.