Baked Potato Soup
Yield: Serves 6-8
- 6 large Russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2" cubes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 (14 oz.) cans chicken broth
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 1/4 c. butter
- 2 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 c. whipping cream
- toppings: shredded Cheddar cheese, chopped chives, sour cream, cooked and crumbled bacon
- Combine all ingredients in crockpot except whipping cream and toppings. Cover and cook on Low 8 hours.
- Mash mixture until potatoes are coarsely chopped and soup is slightly thickened; stir in whipping cream and serve with toppings.