Baked Homemade Hard Tacos
Yield: 18 hard tacos
- 18 tortillas
- cooking spray
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- to taste: garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper
- 1 can refried black beans
- 1 small can chopped green chilis
- 8-16 oz. shredded mozzarella and cheddar
- taco toppings: salsa, lettuce, chopped tomatoes, sour cream
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Place 3 tortillas on a large plate and cover with a barely damp cloth or paper towel. Microwave on High 30 seconds, then repeat with another 3 tortillas. Coat both sides of all tortillas with cooking spray, then carefully drape each over two bars of an oven rack. Let bake until crispy, 7-10 minutes. Repeat until all 18 tortillas have been crisped. Tortillas can be crisped several hours in advance.
- Cook ground beef until brown, adding seasonings while meat is cooking. Drain grease. Stir in refried beans and chopped green chilis. Heat oven to 400 degrees. Evenly divide meat mixture between all taco shells, then place standing up in baking dishes (I made nine at a time fit in 8x12" and 9x13" dishes). Sprinkle with cheese and bake 10-12 minutes. Add toppings and serve.